- Quality Manager
- Auburn Hills, MI
- Monday – Friday
- Based on Experience
- May be required
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- December 1, 2017
The Quality Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the overall Quality System to assure that the products manufactured, and services provided meet customer requirements. The Quality Manager is the point of contact for customer concerns and supplier quality related issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing customer driven quality and service standards; identifying and resolving problems; performing supplier audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Strong working knowledge of APQP and ability to work with Engineering and Program Management.
- Detailed understanding of the Core Tools alignment with PPAP supporting New model launch activities.
- Review all supplier PPAP documents and approve as required.
- Direct the organization in maintaining ISO9001:2015 and IATF16949 certification.
- Communicate effectively on the containment of quality issues. Travel to customer and/or supplier locations as required.
- Ensure effective implementation of root-cause analysis and PCA are implemented for customer complaints.
- Assist suppliers in developing PFMEAs, Control Plans and Work Instructions in accordance to their Process Flow charts and specific Quality system requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and Kaizen activities.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in a quality function. Preferred engineering degree in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO9001: 2015 and IATF16949
- Extremely proficient in Core Quality Tools – APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC
Extremely proficient in Problem Solving tools such as 8D
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with customers
Excellent written and oral communications skills to successfully communicate with people at all organizational levels
- Knowledgeable in training techniques
- Experienced in quality system and process audits
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Data collection and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of casting, forging and/or stamping operations
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
The job is normally performed indoors, in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 50% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required.
Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying binders, laptops) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.